Starting a Business in Texas
Bailey Law Firm is prepared to meet the needs of businesses in The Woodlands and throughout Texas.
We are committed to reaching the best outcome for our clients. We do not just fill out forms. We take time to understand our clients’ short and long-term needs. Only after we have an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ goals, do we advise our clients on what type of business to form.
Our attorneys at Bailey Law Firm have extensive experience in this area of law and possess the knowledge and resources to handle all issues related to corporate formation, including issues of financing. You can rely on our proven legal professionals to make sure you understand the potential benefits and drawbacks to any entity choice so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for you and your business.
Our firm helps aspiring business owners turn ideas into viable business opportunities. We accomplish this by seeking on-going relationships with our clients, advising clients on a variety of business formation issues, and routinely helping clients throughout the course of their business. The entity formation attorneys at Bailey Law Firm often take preventive steps on our clients’ behalf to ensure their interests are fully protected.
We can help you with all legal aspects of your business startup:
- Entity selection – we can help you decide whether a corporation, partnership, LLC or other business structure would be the best for you based on your needs and business objectives.
- Filing – we will help you through every step of the process of filing and registering your business with the California secretary of state’s office.
- Incorporating documents and procedures – we will help you with all aspects of the initial documentation, including articles of incorporation, EIN number, opening minutes, bylaws, your first organization meeting, explanations to stockholders and LLC members, and the information we will file with the secretary of state.
Choice of Entity
We understand that the legal foundation of any successful business venture is the proper choice of entity, which can set up a business for success while protecting individuals against collateral damage when difficulties arise for their business.
Bailey Law Firm can advise you in the creation of any of the following:
- C corporations
- Professional corporations (PC)
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Professional limited liability companies (PLLC)
- Limited partnerships (LP)
- Family limited partnerships (FLP)
- Joint ventures
If you are considering starting a new company or creating a new entity, you want an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable attorney to help you choose the best legal structure for your business. You want a lawyer who will carefully examine your business and objectives, and recommend the structure that best protects your interests.
Once we have helped you select the appropriate entity for your business, we assist you with the formation. We are experienced with all aspects of incorporation, including drafting and reviewing documents involved in the organization and structuring of your new business entity, which may include:
- Articles of incorporation
- Operating agreements
- Employment agreements and policies
- Shareholder agreements
We excel in the drafting of contracts for all aspects of business and business formation, from purchase orders to complex multinational deal structures.
Our in-depth knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations, as well as our deep ties to our community, enables us to provide the skilled representation that a successful business needs.
Choosing the right legal entity is only part of starting a business. At Bailey Law Firm, we work closely with our clients and other professionals to make sure that your choice of legal entity fits with your business plan and supports the long-term success of your business.
If you are interested in learning how Bailey Law Firm can help you reach your business formation goals, contact our office to arrange a consultation.